Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Week of LOVE!

We had a wonderful week spent with family and friends!  Monday night, we had a great visit with Mia, Danny and Clara.  Danny needed to come over to work on our furnace which hadn't been working for about 4 weeks.  Drake loved playing with Clara!

Tuesday was Valentine's Day.  Drake had been begging for the movie, "Treasure Buddies" so I thought this would be the perfect time to get it for him.  Since we had a new movie to watch I decided we could stay home for a great little Valentine date.  I picked up a heart shaped pizza on my way home from work.  Talk about EASY dinner!!!  Drake enjoyed opening Valentine packages from "Honey" and other grandparents and family members.

Tuesday was not only Valentine's Day, but it was a very special day for one of my dear friends, Connie.  Connie is the most lovable, caring, courageous women I know!  She has a smile that is contageous and the biggest heart EVER!  Connie and her husband had tried for 8 years to have a baby.  Connie left it in God's hands and he showed everyone that he, indeed is bigger than ANY doctor!  Connie and Kevin welcomed perfect Hadley into the world on Valentine's Day!  What a little miracle she is!  Connie's smile was contageous before, but I have a feeling that her beautiful smile is NEVER going to leave her face!  I went to meet Hadley and I did not want to let her go!
Friday night we went to dinner with some friends.  It was a great night out with friends and the kids.  Drake and Landon had a blast with each other!  They can definitely be a dangerous pair!  It seems like just yesterday that Drake was the only kid in this clan and now Landon is almost 2, Karsyn is 8 weeks (with plenty of boys to watch out for her) and Landon has a baby brother on the way!

Saturday, we took Drake to check out the new jail that was built in Marion.  They had a fundraiser and open house with tours of the jail.  I always sometimes threaten Drake when he is misbehaving by telling him I am going to drop him off at jail.  I thought this would be a great opportunity to show him what it is really like.  Needless to say, he was a nervous wreck the whole time thinking we were going to leave him there.  I think it's safe to say that he will be on good behavior for a while! 

 

"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it". Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment