Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Week of Devastation!

Tuesday evening the local meteorologists were calling for severe storms during the night.  Trying to be Ms. Tough Girl I thought Drake and I would go to sleep at home and be just fine. (Totally unlike me!)  Well, at 1:30 a.m. I woke up for no reason and turned on the T.V. to check the weather and there were weather alerts saying storms would be severe between 3 and 6 a.m.  I instantly jumped out of bed, packed a bag, woke Drake and went to my dad's to stay in the basement.  Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep after that.  The storm went through Marion causing quite a bit of damage with quite a bit only 2 miles from our house. 

This is the remains of the Old Four Star Arena on Rt. 166. 
I LOVED this old farm house next to the Arena.  It was at one time a picture perfect farm house.  Now, not so much.  It broke my heart when I saw this.

This was taken on Hudgens Road.

This damage was heart breaking, but the storm only got stronger as it went East.  There was a tornado that touched down in Harrisburg, killing 6 and injuring over 100.  The pictures are absolutely devastating!  It is heart warming to see how the community has come together to help in the efforts to pick up the pieces from the tornado and donate food, clothes, soap, and many, many other items for the ones who lost everything.  It will take a long time to get it back together, but these people are very optimistic!  This is a time that I am SOOOOOO proud to say I'm from this community!






One thing I ask of the LORD,
this is what I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his tabernacle
and set me high upon a rock.

Psalm 27:4-5

No comments:

Post a Comment